I have been shaving since I was 14 and it is one of my least favorite grooming activities to perform. My facial hair is tenacious and thick so I used to shave every day. Then I got lazy and let it grow out making it even more difficult to shave. I have always been at the forefront of the Gillette brand “Superduper MachX, where X = number of blades per cartridge that fits on a specific handle and then dulls quickly. I am currently up to 6 blade cartridges. The blade cartridges are expensive, even when bought in bulk at Costco.
Yesterday GreenUp! Solutions held a mixer, we called it an “Eat ‘n Greet” and the location was overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica just at the top of the Santa Monica Canyon. It was a beautiful 70 degree sunny day with a few clouds floating by every once in a while, just in case you were interested. The purpose of the event was to start building a community of ideas and skills in which we can share and learn to make our life and environment better.
Economic news is consistently “weaker than expected”, food and energy prices continue their ascent, genetically modified (GMO) ingredients sneak into organic products. No doubt we are living in unsettling times and the light at the end of the tunnel seems to get further and further away. The good news is you have a community that wants to share and learn ways to make your life and environment better. Cooking, cleaning, commuting, gardening, conserving resources and saving money is just the tip of the topic iceberg.
This event is for you if you want to:
* take control of your environment
* produce more and use less
* share your skills with others
* grow your own food
* support your local economy
* save money
* learn new things in a fun & caring environment
- Parabens: Used as a preservative, found in deodorant, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tooth paste, causes over-exposure to sun leading to premature aging of the skin and mimics the hormone estrogen which aids in development of breast cancer to name two.
- Aluminum: Used as a sweat blocker, found in deodorant/antiperspirant, causes known to aid in development of breast cancer, memory loss and Alzheimer’s.
Here is where it gets personal. I sweat a lot,