I am seeking something of “cultural” nature to do this weekend without my car. I recall seeing a number of museums along the Metro Rapid 720 bus route and wanted to explore any hidden gems out there with a maximum walk of .5 miles from a bus stop. Also note that if you are near a Metro 20 bus stop, the following applies as well.
Museums along bus route from West to East:
- Stop: Wilshire/4th in Santa Monica – Santa Monica History Museum (closed Sun and Mon) Walking Directions: .4 miles
- Stop: Wilshire/Westwood in Westwood Village – Hammer Museum (closed Mon) Walking Directions: 350 feet
- Stop: Wilshire/La Cienega in Beverly Hills – Zimmer Children’s Museum (closed Sat and Mon): Walking Directions: .3 miles
- Stop: Wilshire/Fairfax in Mid Los Angeles
- Stop: Wilshire/Normandie in Koreatown – Korean American Museum (call for hours) Walking Directions: .3 miles
- Stop: Wilshire/Alvarado in MacArthur Park – Grier Musser Victorian Museum (call for reservation) Walking Directions: .5 miles
- Stop: 6th/Hope in Downtown LA – Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Museum (closed Sunday) Walking Directions: .4 miles
- Stop: 6th/Broadway in Downtown LA – Latino Museum of History Art (closed Monday) Walking Directions: .1 miles
- Stop: 5th/San Pedro in Downtown LA – Japanese American National Museum (closed Monday) Walking Directions: .5 miles
- Stop: 5th/Grand in Downtown LA – Museum of Contemporary Art MOCA (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) Walking Directions: .3 miles
I am excited to check out some new museums, car-free. I am feeling more “cultured” already.
– GreenUp! Guy
PS – Use NextBUS to track arrival and location of the nearest bus.
Metro Rapid 720 bus route: