Tired of artificial sweet-treats that add everything to your hips, but nothing to your well-being? Who better to help make dessert delicious & health-giving then cauliflower. Surprised? Think of cauliflower as broccoli’s blonde sister: she’s a little lighter, a little more fun, but just as nutritious as the green cancer-fighter. And there’s so much more to cauliflower than grandma’s au grautin; the smooth, mellow-sweet taste of steamed cauliflower lends itself well to desserts while packing a high vitamin and anti-oxidant punch. Mixed in with rich, organic coco powder, decadent coconut cream, and spicy-sweet cinnamon, you can now feel good about skipping dinner and going straight to dessert!
Coco-Cauli Cinnamon Pudding
- 1/2 organic cauliflower head, steamed
- 2/3 cup refrigerated coconut cream (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 T creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 T agave (depending on desired sweetness)
- 4 T organic coco powder (3 T if you crave less intense chocolate flavor)
- smallest pinch of sea salt
- smallest pinch of organic decaf instant coffee
Puree cauliflower in a food processor until extra creamy and smooth. You should get about a cup’s worth. Add banana, coconut cream, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, agave, salt, and coffee to processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate overnight so pudding can thicken. You can also freeze in popsicle molds. Serves about 4.